"Piece" on Earth
Luke 1:29 But she was deeply troubled by this statement, wondering what kind of greeting this could be. (Zechariah Luke 1:12, Joseph Matthew 1:20, Luke 2:34 Simeon “a sword will pierce your own soul”)
- PEACE had been prophesied. Peace was ordered, on its way…
Luke 2:78 Because of our God’s merciful compassion, the dawn from on high will visit us 79 to shine on those who live in darkness and the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.
Isaiah 9:6 For a child will be born for us, a son will be given to us, and the government will be on his shoulders. He will be named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.
- PEACE was a person! His whole life…
Luke 2:9 Then an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified… 13 Suddenly there was a multitude of the heavenly host with the angel, praising God and saying: 14 Glory to God in the highest heaven, and peace on earth to people he favors!
Luke 19:37 Now he came near the path down the Mount of Olives, and the whole crowd of the disciples began to praise God joyfully with a loud voice for all the miracles they had seen: 38 Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord. Peace in heaven and glory in the highest heaven!
What is Peace?
- Struggle free, cease fire
- Wholeness healthiness contentment, well-being (not pieces)
- Peace = STOP STRUGGLING + LET HIM HEAL
When is Peace?
TOMORROW eternal peace (Is.35, Rev.22)
TODAY peace in the storms - Storms come from GOD, DEVIL, or FALL
- Luke 12:51 Do you think that I came here to bring peace on the earth? No, I tell you, but rather division.
- John 14:27 Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Don’t let your heart be troubled or fearful.
- John 16:33 I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. You will have suffering in this world. Be courageous! I have conquered the world.
THREE PEACE ZONES:
1. Peace with GOD [Stop Struggling + Let Him Heal)
Salvation - Peace is a Person!
- Romans 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Colossians 1:20 and through him to reconcile everything to himself, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
Trust – are you fighting Him?
2. Peace with PEOPLE [Stop Struggling + Let Him Heal)
They’re also in storm! Give them what God has given you
- Matt 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.
- Romans 12:18 If possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
3. Peace with SELF [Stop Struggling + Let Him Heal)
There ARE STORMS. God will use the storm and calm the storm…
- Isaiah 38:17 Indeed it was for my own peace That I had great bitterness; But You have lovingly delivered my soul from the pit of corruption, For You have cast all my sins behind Your back. (NKJV)
Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of Christ, to which you were also called in one body, rule your hearts. And be thankful. (Philippians 4:7 “guard your hearts and minds”)
1 Thessalonians 5:23 Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely. And may your whole spirit, soul, and body be kept sound and blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Do you have PEACE or PIECES?
2 Thessalonians 3:16 May the Lord of peace himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with all of you.
Romans 16:20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.