Overflow: He Is All That You Need
From TR Media A year ago
Pastor Jonathan Falwell
Over the course of this series out of Hebrews 12 and 13, we’ve tried to convey a message that is so vital in our lives. Namely, in order to experience God’s best for our lives, we cannot be bogged down by the things of this world. Romans 12:2 says it this way:
Romans 12:2 NKJV
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 NLT
Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
Therefore, we must do everything possible to ensure that we follow the instructions of Romans 12:2, and Hebrews 12:1, and get rid of the things that stop us. In doing so, God promises a great reward. We talked about that last week. Today, I want to focus on just two verses that are great reminders that HE IS ALL THAT WE NEED!
Hebrews 13:21 NKJV
(May GOD) make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.
Hebrews 13:20 NLT
Now may the God of peace— who brought up from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great Shepherd of the sheep, and ratified an eternal covenant with his blood— 21 may he equip you with all you need for doing his will. May he produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to him. All glory to him forever and ever! Amen.
1. Our Peace – vs 20a
Now may the God of peace…
“Here it reminds us that it is God in whom all our prosperity is centered. There is no well-rounded life that does not depend on him.”
– This passage was written to a believers who had been persecuted, who were challenged in their faith, and were questioning their commitment to Christ.
2. Our Shepherd – vs 20b
…the great Shepherd of the sheep…
- Matthew 9: Jesus had compassion on the people, because they wandered about, like sheep without a shepherd.
- We all need a shepherd in our lives, one who will watch over us, care for us, guide us when we are lost, protect us when we are attacked
3. Our Deliverer – vs 20c
…and ratified an eternal covenant with his blood.
– a reminder that Jesus made an eternal promise to all of us and this promise was made through the shedding of blood
4. Our Provider – vs 21a
May he equip you with all you need for doing his will…
– Katartizo (create, complete, restore) or “guarantee”
5. Our Hope – vs 21b
…May he produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to him.
– key thought: through the power of Jesus…