SPIRIT WORLD: ANGELS
- Say too much
- Say too little
Read: Genesis, Luke, Revelation
Psalm 103:20-21 Bless the Lord, all his angels of great strength, who do his word, obedient to his command. Bless the Lord, all his armies, his servants who do his will.
- What are they? Spirit servants of God [Psalm 89:5-8, Hebrews 1:6-7]
- How did they originate?
- God created them in creation week, huge number [Psalm 148:1-5; Job 38:1-7]
- A rebellion led to 1/3 falling- demons [Revelation 12:3-9]
- Live forever [Luke 20:36]
- What kinds are there?
- Fallen – demons unclean evil seducing wicked spirits. Can’t repent. Some are already “chained” [Luke 8:26-33; 2 Peter 2:4-11, Jude 1:6]
- Michael [Daniel 10, 12; Jude 1:9; Revelation 12]
- Gabriel [Daniel 8:16, 9:21; Luke 1:5, 19, 26; Matthew 1, 2?]
- Cherubim [Genesis 3; Exodus 25, Ezekiel 1, 10] UFOs?
- Seraphim [Isaiah 6] “wings”
- Living Creatures [Revelation 4, 5, 6]
- Ruling, Armies [Genesis 32:1; Ephesians 1:20-21, 3:10, 6:12; Colossians 1:16; 1 Peter 3:18-22]
- Guardians? [Matthew 18:10; Hebrews 1:14]
- Are they dead people?
- Do they have a special language?
- Yes, but not our prayer language [1 Corinthians 13, 14]
- Do they have bodies?
- Spirits, but interact with the physical world [Genesis 19]
- They are not male / female, don’t reproduce [Matthew 22:30]
- Genesis 6? “Bene-Elohim” “nephilim”
- Do they have limits?
- Yes, they are not “omni” [Daniel 10, Matthew 24:36]
- Do they read my thoughts?
- Can I be possessed? Oppressed? [Matthew 12:24-29, 43-45]
- Lost belong to the devil. Saints are Jesus-bought, Spirit-filled. [Ephesians 2:1-6, Colossians 1:13]
- Devils are at the door – DON’T OPEN IT. [Ephesians 4:27]
- Do they cause illness?
- Physical [Luke 8:27-28, 9:39, 13:10-16; John 9:1-5]
- Mental [1 Samuel 16:14-23]
- Can I control them?
- Pray to? [Colossians 2:18; Revelation 22:8-9]
- Bind, cast out? [Jude 1:9; Luke 9, 10]
Devil? Don’t give airtime to the enemy. All this applies to him. He is not equal to GOD. He is finite. He may never have tempted you! He is defeated. He will fail. Read his bio [Genesis 3, Job 1, Isaiah 14, Ezekiel 28, Revelation 20]
What ANGELS do [fallen do the opposite]
- Glorify [Revelation 7:11-12]
- Communicate [Daniel 4, 10; Matthew 1, Luke 1-2]
- Minister [Matthew 4:6, 11, Luke 22:39-46, Hebrews 13:1-2]
“Then the devil left him, and angels came and began to serve him.”
“Then an angel from heaven appeared to him, strengthening him.”
- Protect [2 Kings 6; Isaiah 37:36]
2 Kings 6:13-17 So the king said, “Go and see where he is, so I can send men to capture him.” When he was told, “Elisha is in Dothan,” he sent horses, chariots, and a massive army there. They went by night and surrounded the city. When the servant of the man of God got up early and went out, he discovered an army with horses and chariots surrounding the city. So he asked Elisha, “Oh, my master, what are we to do?” Elisha said, “Don’t be afraid, for those who are with us outnumber those who are with them.” Then Elisha prayed, “Lord, please open his eyes and let him see.” So the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he saw that the mountain was covered with horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.
Psalm 34:7 The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and rescues them.
What do I do?
- Look out.
- Look up.