Love God, Love People: Right Place, Right Time, Right Purpose
From TR Media on 03/28/2021
Pastor Jonathan Falwell
Esther ended up in a position of influence that saved the lives of thousands. She put her own life on the line to save others. This is a perfect picture of the love Jesus was speaking of in John 15.
John 15:13 No one has greater love than this, that someone would lay down his life for his friends.
1. The Right Place
Esther 2:15 (CSB) Esther was the daughter of Abihail, the uncle of Mordecai who had adopted her as his own daughter. When her turn came to go to the king, she did not ask for anything except what Hegai, the king’s trusted official in charge of the harem, suggested. Esther won approval in the sight of everyone who saw her.
- The king was looking for a new queen after he banished Vashti
- Many were “auditioned” but Esther caught his eye
- She wouldn’t have been in this position but for her uncle Mordecai
2. The Right Time
Esther 3:5-6 When Haman saw that Mordecai was not bowing down or paying him homage, he was filled with rage. 6 And when he learned of Mordecai’s ethnic identity, Haman decided not to do away with Mordecai alone. He planned to destroy all of Mordecai’s people, the Jews, throughout Ahasuerus’s kingdom.
Esther 4:1-3 When Mordecai learned all that had occurred, he tore his clothes, put on sackcloth and ashes, went into the middle of the city, and cried loudly and bitterly. 2 He only went as far as the King’s Gate, since the law prohibited anyone wearing sackcloth from entering the King’s Gate. 3 There was great mourning among the Jewish people in every province where the king’s command and edict came. They fasted, wept, and lamented, and many lay on sackcloth and ashes.
- Mordecai heard of Haman’s plot so he told Esther hoping she would help
- Esther wasn’t sure because of the danger of approaching the king
3. The Right Purpose
Esther 4:14-16 If you keep silent at this time, liberation and deliverance will come to the Jewish people from another place, but you and your father’s house will be destroyed. Who knows, perhaps you have come to your royal position for such a time as this.” 15 Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: 16 “Go and assemble all the Jews who can be found in Susa and fast for me. Don’t eat or drink for three days, day or night. I and my female servants will also fast in the same way. After that, I will go to the king even if it is against the law. If I perish, I perish.”
• We must speak (vs 14a)
- If you keep silent at this time…
- We live in a time where we have no option but to speak truth in love
- Acts 4:20 for we are unable to stop speaking about what we have seen and heard
• We are here for His purposes (vs 14b)
- Who knows, perhaps you have come to your royal position for such a time as this
- There are times we must recognize God has placed us where we are for this moment
• Our only hope is to lean completely on Him (vs 16a)
- Go and assemble all the Jews who can be found in Susa and fast for me
- Esther knew the only hope was prayer and fasting
• We must sacrifice self for His purposes (vs 16b)
- If I perish, I perish
- Just as Jesus did for us
Matthew 26:28 For this is My blood that establishes the covenant; it is shed for many for the forgiveness of sins.
Hebrews 9:22 According to the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
The epitome of “Love God, Love People”