And You Shall... - Pastor Jonathan
From TR Media 3 Months ago
Pastor Jonathan Falwell
Key Verse: Acts 1:8a But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me...
Last week, we spent time studying the last words of Jesus on this earth…and the last words of Jesus in the Bible. Those statements gave us two distinct thoughts: 1)We must go and tell, and 2) Jesus is coming soon. Today, I want to build off of those thoughts and personalize His statements to us all.
The one clear thought He gave is this: AND YOU SHALL!
1. Jesus commanded it
Acts 1:8a But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me...
- Our call to tell people about Jesus is not a suggestion, it is a directive
- We don’t have the option of sharing our faith only when convenient or comfortable
2. Jesus taught it
Matthew 4:19 Then He said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.”
- Jesus clearly lived His life as an example of “following”
- If we will spend time studying the life of Christ we will learn how to reach the world for Christ
- Biblical illiteracy is the reason we have not seen revival
3. The world needs it
Matthew 9:37 Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly isplentiful, but the laborers arefew.”
- The world is in trouble, not just because of a disease, the world is in trouble because of sin
- But, the world is ready for a new day. The only question is “will we be faithful?”
Matthew 24:9-12 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.
4. You can do it
Matthew 24:14a And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations…
1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always beready to givea defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
- The good news is God will give you everything you need to reach others for Him
- Fear is how Satan keeps us from being obedient
- Now is the greatest time to reach the world!