Act Like Men
From TRMEDIA A year ago
Pastor Jonathan Falwell
1 Corinthians 16:13 Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. 14 Let all that you do be done with love.
1 Corinthians 16:13 (NASB) Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. 14 Let all that you do be done in love.
1. Man of Protection
– NASB Be on the alert..
– What for?
– Second coming – how we should live in light of that truth
– False Teachers
2. Man of Purity
v13b stand fast in the faith
– NASB ..stand firm in the faith..
– Grounded in truth of God’s Word
– Church at Corinth was one being influenced by the pagan culture
– Church was being influenced more than it was doing the influencing
3. Man of Power
v13c be brave
– NASB ..act like men..
– dependable, trustworthy, honest, caring
– this is what our world needs today
– It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men – Frederick Douglass
4. Man of Purpose
v13d be strong
– Strong in face opposition
– Not giving in at the first sign of trouble
– weakness not an option
5. Man of Perfection
v14 Let all that you do be done with love
1 Corinthians 13:1 (NLT) If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it;* but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing. 4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
vs 8 “LOVE NEVER FAILS” (NKJV)